Next New

There are so many types of great ideas in new media. It was a little difficult to think about a type of new media that doesn't exist. One idea that would make my life easier would be an advanced version of paying for your meals. I go out to eat with friends often and it's always annoying having to split everything. Usually one person pays and everyone else will venmo/cash app them. It's annoying having to go to another app and send money. I would want something like Apple Pay and Samsung Pay but more advanced. Instead of just putting one phone to pay, we could put 2-3 phones to the machine, or tablet and it just splits the cost automatically. It would be done within seconds and you just add your tip in through your phone as well. It's a lot easier and all you have to do it hold your phone close to the reader and it's done. You wouldn't have to wait for the waitress to take your card, go back, and pay the bill then sit there and write in the tip. You don't have to sit there and calculate how to split the bill. It's just done through the phone within seconds.

Comments

  1. That's a great point. I recently went out with two other friends because one found a new job. Me and my other friend split the bill. It would be nice if you can go online and enter the amount you will contribute to the meal. This way the remaining balance can be cared for by the other friend online instead of doing it in the restaurant. This way, the meal is much more enjoyable knowing that meal was paid for in advance and everyone knew how the process was to be handled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely an issue that I have faced and I am sure many others too. I do think that this idea is very possible due to how powerful our smartphones are today. The app would need to keep track of what everyone orders. I think a great idea would be if the app could scan a receipt, then the user can just select the items they have ordered. This would make it easier on both the guests and of course the waiter/waitress that would need to do the extra work of splitting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the comments above! I feel like we've all been in this scenario and therefore could all benefit from an app like this. This would make it sooo much easier for me and my friends to decide how to split the bill and tip, especially when we aren't splitting the bill in even portions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this idea, this would make going out with friends so much more convenient! Venmo and Quickpay are great and have definitely improved on this issue but I think this may be a difficult app to integrate on everyone's individual phones. I think maybe this is something that a restaurant would also have to implement on their end, for example, the restaurant would have an app that allows you to split everything or decide how much to pay and then you use Apple Pay or other electronic payment methods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts